Happy 1st Anniversary! November 03 2015
In November of last year, I sent an email to a large group of friends and family announcing my latest project. Here is part of what I wrote in that email:
For the past six months, I have been having fun with a side project that is allowing me to pursue a creative and longtime dream rather than just wishing I would do it. And now I'm ready to share it with friends and family: Mitton & La Boss is open for business!
And here we are, a year later, celebrating our first anniversary. This couldn't have happened without the support, guidance, photo shoot help and sometimes brainstorming/editing help of quite a few friends and family members. And of course a big thank you goes out to all those who have shopped Mitton & La Boss!
The first year started strong, with my first sale in November less than a week after I announced this new venture, an invite to join a photo series of women entrepreneurs in the middle of the first year, and a feature on the Hello Love Handmade Instagram in October. There have been many great moments in between and we're looking forward to many more great moments, new products, new ideas, more fun and adventure in our second year.
So thank you for all your love and support, happy 1st anniversary to us all, and stay tuned for more!
To join the world of Mitton & La Boss and to stay up to date on sales, deals, style tips, new products and more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "SIGN ME UP!"
Sharing Thanks November 30 2014
As the Thanksgiving weekend comes to a close, I thought I’d share what I’m thankful for today, this week and always:
- My parents, who have supported me and believed in me my entire life, and provided plenty of constructive criticism to help me evaluate what I’ve been doing along the way
- My husband, who makes me laugh ALL THE TIME and makes life oh so fun
- My friends and extended family, who have provided countless hours of support, fun, counsel and laughter, for everyday life and when starting my new business
- One friend who reminded me that I’m now an entrepreneur, how exciting!
- Small Business Saturday, which I was excited to take part in yesterday for the first time
- Another friend who purchased an item, making my first sale
- Other creators and designers, whose work is a constant source of inspiration
- Smart, funny and intelligent women who inspire me to be a better version of myself
- The future, to what I can make happen for myself and the interesting people I hope to meet along the way.